Let's Get Shabby

Let's Get Shabby
Challenge #21 Let's get shabby

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Motherhood" Workout # 39 Glitter and Glam @ ScrapFIT

Hey everyone checkout ScrapFITs new Challenge # 39 Glitter and Glam. Their DT created awesome layouts sure to inspire you. I decided to submit this LO to the ScrapFIT challenge!

This is one of my favorite pics that Maddie's aide took on my cell phone. I just loved it so I knew I just had to scrapbook it. It is a pic. of Maddie, my daughter and myself.
  I wanted to made the LO as monochromatic as I could but elegant, soft and glimmery. In the background I used Artist Gesso, applied unevenly, to create some texture and then sprayed it will all sorts of Glimmer Mist and added some more glitter on top of that!
  I wanted to bring out the flowers in the pics alittle more but I didn't want to add colored ones that would contrast the pic. So  keeping this in mind I made some metal flowers using thin metal sheets that I found at Michaels. I punched the metal flowers using Stampin UP! scalloped circle, ran each through my "Big Shot' to add some embossing to create the texture. This worked out perfect.
  I had huge brads that I hammered to also create some texture and distress look. for the center. The leaves were created out of metal mesh that I found laying around. White flowers were sprayed using Glimmer Mist to achieve the bluish gray look.
  Enjoy!





5 comments:

  1. Well, you're back with another gorgeous page! You have incredible style! Love your journaling! Great job - thanks for playing at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... I think i remember this layout. Love to have you talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning LO! Thanks for joining the ScrapFIT Glitter and Glam Workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white look! Great job with the Glitter and Glam! So happy you could join us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different textures and elements of your beautiful layout. The picture is just precious.

    ReplyDelete