Let's Get Shabby

Let's Get Shabby
Challenge #21 Let's get shabby

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Challenge #37 ScrapFIT "Dream a Little Dream"

I wanted to try my first online scrapbook challenge. ScrapFIT put on this challenge #37 "Dream a Little Dream".  Check out the link. Thank you girls it definitely was a challenge. I hope you all enjoy it.

I took this picture of my daughter Maddie, she fell asleep sitting on my lap so I wanted to keep the picture upright since that was the way it was taken. I used Basic Gray's Paper "Euphoria" for the entire layout. I stenced the flourish in the background using Tim Holtz "Flourish Mask" and CTMH olive ink.

The paper had a floral design which was really cute yet "dreamy" so using my sewing machine I stitched similar flowers to mimic the flowers on the paper and to create some texture as well.




The title is done with Tim Holtz grunge letters. Did I mention that I am an avid
Tim Holtz fan? lol I painted them using his Distress crackle paints: "peeled paint" and "broken china". Once they dried and crackled on their own I sprayed them with "Tattered Angels" Glimmer Mist.





2 comments:

  1. I just love this! The stitching is great! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS very dreamy! Love the edging on the photo. And the layout you started your blog with is absolutely amazing, too! Good luck in this fun, addictive adventure of blogging!

    ReplyDelete