Let's Get Shabby

Let's Get Shabby
Challenge #21 Let's get shabby

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Wishing you well" card

My next creation was this card that I made using old music paper that I found at a local antique shop. I distressed the edges and applied Tim Holtz distress ink "Walnut Stain" to darken around it. I stamped the image using Tim Holtz Components stamp "Bird Song"and Archival Brillance "Graphite Black" ink on light brown cardstock. I then stamped the same image on blue cardstock and cut out the bird using an exacto knife so I could get close to the edges. I placed a pop-dot behind it to give it dimension.
This is a very easy card to make that can be altered in many ways. Quick and easy!! Enjoy!

                                                "Wishing you well"

The edges of the bird were also inked using Tim Holtz distress ink "Walnut Stain". This makes the bird stand out.

I also tied some beading cord to add a different type of texture and dimension to the card. I like to add as many different textures and techniques to my work to keep the eye wandering around the project.

1 comment: